IBM Cognos Business Intelligence
Know the past, understand the present, shape the future.
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence turns data into past, present and future views of your organization’s operations and performance so your decision makers can capitalize on opportunities and minimize risks.
You can use these views to understand the immediate and downstream effects of decisions that span potentially complex interrelated factors. Consistent snapshots of business performance are provided in enterprise-class reports and independently assembled dashboards based on trusted information. As a result, non-technical and technical business intelligence (BI) users and IT alike can respond quickly to rapidly changing business needs.
Cognos Business Intelligence provides capabilities designed to provide:
- Faster time to answers about business from highly visual, interactive dashboards without lengthy deployment delays
- Easier access to game-changing insights with interactive data visualizations that enable you to more easily identify performance issues and apply corrective actions
- Smarter decisions that drive a better outcome from snapshots of business performance
- Trusted data for consistent decisions without data drift or duplication
- Flexible cloud and on-premise deployment options that can grow as your business grows and help you meet diverse organizational requirements
Faster time to answers
- Assemble your own performance-based dashboards for quick answers to your business questions and insights into rapidly-changing business conditions.
- Discover key data points that can help you explore the root causes of business performance issues.
- Increase your efficiency and responsiveness by empowering BI users to create their own dashboards based on assets you govern.
- Access larger amounts of diverse data without compromised performance for greater user satisfaction.
- Speed the test and development of new applications and simplify upgrades and patch management
Easier access to game-changing insights
- Use interactive visualizations in your dashboards and reports to more easily pinpoint and demonstrate trends and highlight data outliers.
- Access and interact with BI dashboards and reports on your smartphone or tablet for decision-making wherever you happen to be.
- Incorporate customizable visualizations more easily into BI content so BI users can create reports and dashboards that meet their unique organizational requirements.
- Choose your preferred environment and still securely and easily deliver BI reports and dashboards to industry-leading smart phones and tablets.
- Improve your productivity with rapid deployment of a complete BI environment.
Smarter decisions that drive a better outcome
- Take advantage of a single common workspace for smarter decisions and better performance.
- Discover previously unknown relationships and analyze “what-if” scenarios for more informed decision-making.
- Understand what is likely to happen in the future by using key predictive indicators.
- Capitalize on a powerful BI platform that incorporates one of the broadest sets of BI capabilities available to meet the needs of all BI users in one common interface.
- Enable analysts to create predictive models based on historic and current BI data and distribute the results to any BI user by integrating with a world-class predictive analytics solution.
Trusted data for consistent decisions
- Create and share trusted information based on a consistent definition of data.
- Share insights and collaborate with partners/customers without compromise to security.
- Meet the data governance and control your organization requires with a robust semantic data layer that enables a universal definition of data.
- Provide the data consistency and accuracy needed for key business decisions.
- Deliver a well-managed data sandbox, for freedom of experimentation with control.
Flexible cloud and on-premise deployment options
- Make decisions and understand performance wherever you happen to be with desktop, web, mobile or cloud access to BI.
- Harness more value within data and OpEx budgets with greater cost predictability and growth flexibility.
- Deploy one BI capability at a time and add additional capabilities in the future as required so no BI asset (report, dashboard and analysis) is left behind as your organization’s requirements expand.
- Provide your organization with an extensive view of their business with support for big data sources that includes Hadoop, analytic data stores and real-time streaming data.
IBM Cognos Enterprise
Easily interact, share information and conduct comprehensive analytics in a simple, unified workspace.
IBM® Cognos® Enterprise meets the needs of the business, finance and IT with powerful and scalable business intelligence and performance management solutions that support all business decisions—organization wide. With Cognos Enterprise, everyone is equipped with what they need to help your organization outperform, including reports, analysis, statistics, dashboards, what-if analysis, plans, budgets and more.
IBM Cognos Enterprise is a portfolio of integrated business intelligence and performance management solutions that supports the way users want to work and can help everyone in your organization meet strategic objectives.
IBM Cognos Enterprise:
- Assembles relevant information to understand the business in a unified workspace with reports, dashboards and statistics.
- Analyzes information to make fact-based recommendations using analysis capabilities. Aligns decision-makers by helping them easily share insights and information and collaborate in everyday analytical processes.
- Acts on findings to move the business forward with plans and forecasts driven by analysis, business user modeling, structured workflow and reports.
IBM Cognos Enterprise supports where everyone in your organization chooses to work with consistent information wherever they go:
- Over the web.
- On mobile devices.
- In a personalized, individual workspace.
IBM Cognos Enterprise meets the needs of IT with highly scalable and extensible analytics that enable them to:
- Provide complete and consistent access to all information wherever it is stored.
- Rapidly deliver information and optimize performance for fast response times.
- Confidently deploy and centrally administer your solution.
- Capitalize on your investments as your requirements and needs grow with a solution that is modular, open and integrated.
IBM Cognos Express
IBM Cognos Express provides enterprise-class reporting, analysis, dashboard, visualization, scorecard, planning, budgeting and forecasting capabilities that workgroups and midsize companies need at a price they can afford.
This scalable, preconfigured solution includes the tools to discover and act on new insights quickly, while helping to minimize demands on your IT staff.
IWith Cognos Express, you can equip everyone in your organization with the tools to outperform – including reports, analysis, dashboards, visualizations, what-if analysis, plans, budgets and more.
Cognos Express is based on these integrated core capabilities:
- A powerful in-memory analytics server to deliver fast responses to business questions
- Flexible data access to relational, OLAP and local data sources in any combination
- A common web portal that delivers a single shared view of the business
- Tight security supporting single sign-on
- A simple management console to control installation, configuration and operation
This shared foundation enables you to incorporate BI and performance management capabilities into your business easily and affordably.
IBM Cognos Express Business Intelligence User
IBM Cognos Express Business Intelligence User provides comprehensive self-service reporting and analysis capabilities for workgroups and midsize organizations. It meets all of your reporting needs, while helping to reduce the cost and time needed to share information throughout the organization.
- A breadth of reporting capabilities, including financial, production, operational, transactional, and managed reports
- A complete, consistent view of information organization-wide to ensure users work with the same accurate data at all times
- Extensible visualization capabilities to help bring data to life for interpretation and analysis
- Support for mobile workers who want to discover opportunities and analyze trends, regardless of their location, situation or connectivity
- Interactive flexible reporting capabilities and access to all corporate data in any combination for comprehensive, accurate reports
- Simple, intuitive, drag-and-drop authoring capabilities for self-service reporting by any user
- Integration with Microsoft Office so users can work with consistent data across applications
IBM Cognos Express Performance Management User
IBM Cognos Express Performance Management User helps midsize organizations gain deeper insights into business performance and react more quickly to changing business conditions. It combines Microsoft Excel® -based business analysis and optimization with intuitive tools for planning, budgeting and forecasting, offering an alternative to manual spreadsheet and planning processes.
- Powerful “what-if” modeling for building and testing business scenarios
- Integrated scorecarding to measure progress toward planned objectives
- Write-back capabilities for updating plans immediately and aligning resources with opportunities
- Centrally managed data, business hierarchies, rules and calculations to help eliminate data silos and inconsistencies throughout the organization
- The ability to drill down, sort, link and chart data
- Drag-and-drop planning model creation
- A blend of managed workflow and personalized analysis for improved business agility
- A web-based interface that enables business users to create plans, contribute plan data and view current plans without programming skills
- The flexibility to track, review, annotate and submit plans and budgets from mobile devices
- Prebuilt blueprints that support key business optimization tasks, including expense and capital planning, workforce management and profitability analysis
- An Excel environment that makes it easier for users to create custom analysis and what-if scenarios
IBM Cognos Insight
Create custom dashboards and applications on the desktop
IBM® Cognos® Insight is a personal analytics solution that empowers users to independently explore, analyze, visualize and share data without relying on IT for assistance. In minutes, analysts and line-of-business managers can create and share custom applications, dashboards and visualizations to help solve individual and workgroup challenges.
IBM Cognos Insight delivers outstanding data interactivity, analysis and visualization capabilities to individual desktop users.
- Import, merge and analyze data on your desktop, including personal files, historical business intelligence, databases and more.
- Build custom dashboards and applications without scripting to see data in a way that makes sense to you and your business.
- Optimize outcomes through what-if analysis any time – even when you are not connected to a server.
- Create compelling visualizations to help you deliver insights in the most meaningful and understandable way for your role or organization.
- Support collaboration and action at the team or enterprise level – share applications independently or publish your work to a Cognos server.
- Choose business analytics that grows with you – Cognos Insight comes in three editions to meet the needs of individual users, workgroups and midsize organizations, and entire enterprises
Import, merge and analyze any type of data
- Work with personal and corporate data, as well as trusted business intelligence (BI) data and reports without scripting. Connect to local files, databases, existing BI reports and even predictive data.
- Add to or revise existing data, and automatically apply changes across large data sets with powerful data spreading functions.
Create custom dashboards and applications without scripting
- Break down and examine data to view it in a way that makes the most sense to you or your business using your mouse to navigate.
- Use exception highlighting to compare and demonstrate exceptions in your data on the fly.
- Go from raw data to analysis and a published dashboard in as little as 60 seconds.
Optimize outcomes through what-if analysis
- Analyze and optimize your plans based on different assumptions that take into account ever-changing market conditions.
- Model best-case, worst-case and most-likely outcomes based on your key business drivers.
- Create custom rules that can be used to automatically perform comparisons or calculations.
IBM Cognos TM1
IBM Cognos®TM1 is enterprise planning software that provides a complete, dynamic environment for developing timely, reliable and personalized forecasts and budgets.
You can rapidly analyze data and model business requirements for your entire organization and use the results to budget and forecast with confidence for better business outcomes. More than budgeting and forecasting software, IBM Cognos TM1 is a complete enterprise planning solution that includes:
- A multi-dimensional, 64-bit, in-memory OLAP engine that provides exceptionally fast performance for analyzing complex and sophisticated models, large data sets and even streamed data
- Support for a full range of enterprise planning software requirements—from high-performance, real-time profitability analysis, financial analytics and flexible modeling to enterprise-wide contribution from all business units
- The ability to create personal scenarios with advanced personalization to enable an unlimited number of ad-hoc alternatives so individuals, teams, divisions and whole companies can respond faster to changing conditions
- Managed contribution that makes it possible to personalize hierarchies, dimensions and rollups and to receive an up-to-the-minute status of every participant in the planning process
IBM Cognos TM1 software provides a complete planning, budgeting and analytics environment to help you deliver timely, reliable forecasts and plans.
With IBM Cognos TM1, you can rapidly analyze and model planning requirements for your entire organization and use them to anticipate the correct course of action for better business outcomes.
- Reduces planning cycles by 75% and reporting from days to minutes
- Is owned and managed by Finance and lines of business
- Provides exceptionally fast performance for large, sophisticated models and large data sets
- Features personalized planning and analytics—within a managed planning process—to explore performance gaps and validate corporate drivers
- Provides a flexible modeling environment that requires no programming or traditional IT skills
- Is owned and managed by Finance and lines of business
- Is owned and managed by Finance and lines of business
- Is owned and managed by Finance and lines of business
Offers a choice of interfaces: Microsoft®Excel®, TM1 Web and the Contributor client for managed participation IBM Cognos TM1 supports a full range of business requirements from high-performance, real-time financial analytics, such as for customer and product profitability, and flexible modeling, to enterprise-wide contribution from all business units. In addition, it facilitates use of planning best practices such as driver-based and rolling forecasting.
IBM Cognos TM1 has received some of the industry’s highest ratings for helping organizations drive better business decisions, with faster implementation times and lower IT costs.
IBM Cognos Disclosure Management
Financial reporting and process automation
IBM® Cognos® Disclosure Management is a secure, collaborative, enterprise-scalable reporting and process automation solution that enables users to merge enterprise data with focused narrative analysis in a controlled, auditable environment. It enables organizations both large and small from multinationals to midsize companies to automate the collection of data in a single, dynamic reporting and analysis solution.
Multiple participants in different departments can collaborate in the assembly of complex reports, working independently while ensuring that proper controls and approvals are in place. Cognos Disclosure Management provides integrated tagging to use on various regulatory filings and can create extension taxonomies with pivot based navigation for easy review.
- Enterprise disclosure management - Combine financial data from a variety of sources with in-depth narrative analysis for internal and external reporting across any department.
- Financial management process automation - Replace time-consuming manual processes with intelligent process design and automation.
- Security, control and governance - Manage documents in a collaborative yet secure environment with visibility into the report generation process.
- Multi-jurisdictional XBRL support - Enable multi-national organizations to use a single reporting/tagging solution.
- Cloud-based deployment - Provide all the functionality of the on-premise solution plus the capability for mobile access and collaboration through the IBM Concert interface.